Saturday, March 7, 2015

5 March 2015 - Day 79 - Master Bathroom Concern Resolved

My wife and I had been somewhat irritated with the way some things have been getting done around the house. The most concerning matter was the shower bench. I honestly wish we would have caught this deficiency at the pre-drywall meeting. The shower bench was a mere 7 inches deep, which is 3 - 5 inches too short compared to others in the neighborhood and the model. The PM agreed that it was short and stated he will have it corrected. Unfortunately the shower pan will have to get uninstalled moved outward along with the shower head and cold/hot water lines.  We also addressed other matters but won't be going much into them. All I can say is that our PM was great at hearing what we had to say and took the time to show us things in the model, and also annotated things that needed some attention.  He also told us that he is having the drywall folks back in to mud a little more as it was not up to his standard. He did mention the cold snap had caused drywall issues. 

At the end of the meeting we felt like things would be okay, however, I think these guys deal with disgruntled customers all the time and know how to ease the situation. I'm sure more things will arise. More than likely we will be locked out of the house soon, but plan on having a few walkthroughs with or without the PM to see how things are progressing, especially now, since it's only 2.5 weeks away from closing. Things will get rushed and shortcuts will be taken. 

I didn't get any pictures of the property today, as I had gotten sidetracked with getting mud all over me. As I walked on the lot my foot sank about 12 inches into the mud soaking my shoes/pants with water and mud. I did manage to get a picture of the tile we are getting. I will be making sure the install quality is the same as this. 

We decided to get the same exact tile. I'll be making sure the install quality is just as good

Our "upgraded" shower. Not much of an upgrade with that little seat. I estimated that we lost about 8 cubic feet of space in the shower due to that


No comments:

Post a Comment