Thursday, January 29, 2015

29 January 2015 - Day 45 - Second Floor and Roof Trusses

Yep.... That's the second floor framing going up already and house wrap is already in place. The house is now starting to take shape and is also showing its size. 

So I stand corrected from my post yesterday. It looks like the steel I-Beam did go in the garage ceiling. They must have installed that in today. There is also sign of exterior paneling going up, which means we are getting very close to having the house closed up. 

The roof trusses were also delivered from Ryan Homes this morning. I think this might be one of the only things that's pre-manufacted from the company. I must have seen/heard the video of those trusses being manufactured inside a climate controlled environment a hundred times while viewing the model. 

On a side note, I can't say enough good things about NVR mortgage. I had plans on going with another bank that had slightly better rates; however, NVR remained engaged with me along the way which made the loan approval process very easy. 

Day 45

Day 45 Selfie

Looking good. 

Side morning room walls still missing. The two right window cutouts on the 2nd floor are to the Master Bedroom and the one on the left is to the Master Bath. 

Two left window cutouts upstairs are to the master bed. 

Top right window to the spare bedroom


You can see that metal I-Beam in the garage. 

Somewhat concerning to see half those subfloor adhesive tubes unused and thrown all over the ground. It's possible the adhesive froze during these cold temps we've had here. I sure hope my floors don't creak/squeek and do not allow moisture through. 

Roof Trusses delivered


No comments:

Post a Comment